Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Beginnings

What a wonderful day I had yesterday. Since it's a new year and a time for new beginnings I started a new bible study at the church on the book of Daniel. It was very timely for me. There were over 25 women in attendance which I thought quite good. I use to belong to this group of gals years ago but got too busy and had to drop out for a time. Some of the same ladies were there so it was nice to get caught up with each others lives. The "lunch bunch" as they like to call themselves got together afterwards for lunch and a chin wag. I got to know a couple new ladies and had some good fellowship with fellow believers.

My other "first" this year is I started a women's crafting group. We met in my home last night for the first time. When I lived in New Mexico I was part of a craft group for over 8 years. Together with some friends of mine we taught several young ladies how to crochet, cross stitch and make quilts. Most of these girls were from the college where I worked (ENMU). I continue to miss them so much. They taught me so much. So I decided to see if a group here would work as well. If last night is any indication we are off to a great start. For the most part no one knew one another till they met last night. All of these ladies are from different areas of my life. It was fun to have them all in one room. We had a light supper and then we all worked on various projects. We had a great time. It was nice for these gals to get out without their hubby and kids to be able to work on long forgotten projects. I am very blessed to have friends in my life like this. Once a month we are planning on making things for different areas of service here in Bay County. I am not sure what needs are out there but we will be checking into it. And that was my day. Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment