Friday, January 9, 2009

My cup runneth over...

About two years ago I started meeting with a lady once a week to work on craft projects. When we first started meeting we did a whole lot of stitching. Now it seems we do a lot more chatting then crafting. :-) I realized today how much our friendship has grown and changed. When I first suggested we meet my heart's desire was to be a friend to this lady. She lived alone and was shy. She had no children and her husband had passed many years ago. Her parents had been gone for years too and she was an only child. I thought what a great way to share in something we both are gifted to do. What I didn't expect was the deep friendship that has developed. I love this lady. She has a heart for Christ and as her friend I have been able to witness that love through the service of craftmanship that she offers to many. I have watched my friend blossom when it comes to making friends. She is part of a small group bible study. She camps with our Kingdom Kampers. She volunteers at the church a couple days a week and on and on and on. The unexpected blessing of watching her become more joyful and her life full of purpose fills my heart to overflowing. That's a God thing and it is wonderful. As I look on 2009 and I look at the blessings of friends that God has placed in my life at such a time as this............well it's fabulous.......or to phrase it a better way.........my cup runneth over.

No comments:

Post a Comment