Saturday, January 10, 2009

Great Saturday to move

Wow what a great day to move friends from a rental house to their new home. The weather was perfect for this. We had several trucks and trailers to get the job done. We started at around 7:30 am and were done by 1:30 or so. The gals packed and unpacked boxes while the guys moved the boxes and furniture. Plus they took furniture apart and put the stuff back together. Can I just say I am sooooooooooo sore? This wouldn't have phased me a few years back but I think every muscle hurts. It was fun though and worth it.

The couple that we helped move is part of a young couples home bible study group that my husband and I mentor. The people who helped were other young couples from this small group. Today was such a good day for all of us to band together and help one another. I know I learned all sorts of things about the two girls I worked with. We were able to share life today and for that I am truly thankful and blessed. I think the guys had a great time too. I feel like we really accomplished a lot for the Kingdom today...........and yet all we did was move some stuff. God is so good.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pamela, I found your blog and am now a follower. Hope you enjoy the blogging as much as I do. Take care and hugs to you and family.

    ReplyDelete