Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A little child's trust

Hello fellow bloggers! Wow it's been almost a month since I last wrote down my thoughts. It's not that my thoughts have lessened but I haven't made the time to write them down. I have had several pondering words/topics that I have wanted to share with you but until today.....just haven't made the time. Sorry about that. The topic for this blog is the trust of a little child.

As most of you know I have been blessed with 8 grand kids. Praise God for those little blessings! They are the icing on the cake and I adore them all so much. They are also so different and yet they are the same in that ......they do things kids do....cry, eat, sleep, play and find the world so full of wonder. To watch a child play and how they see the world is such a great experience. I love how they are like a sponge with any and all things you teach them. Sometimes they are taught bad things by what they see us do. This is a huge responsibility....one I didn't think of when my kids were young.........but now take very seriously with my grand kids. I want them to see a grammy that has tons of unconditional love for them and always leads them to Christ by my actions as well as words.

I don't get to see my "grands" very often but when I do I make the most of it. I also enjoy sending them packages and cards throughout the year for any holiday possible. I know that they get a kick out of it and I know that they think I am "crazy grammy." Ha! Did I mention my grand kids are very smart too? ;=) One of the things their grandpa and I do is take silly pictures (as posted above this story) of us and send them to them. I figure they might as well have a still shot of a pose they see us in all the time in person. Ha! To quote one of my grand kids....grammy is so silly.

Recently my oldest grand girl has had many tests done on her little body. Let me back up....she went for her well baby check and they found blood in her urine. They asked her mama if she noticed anything wrong with her or if my grand daughter complained of any stomach pains etc. The one thing my daughter noticed was that when she pooped it floated. Weird I know!!! Who would have noticed....I am not sure I would have. But my daughter being so smart and all did....Praise God. So since last year our little girl has had many blood, urine and stool samples taken. Recently about three weeks ago she went and had an endoscopy and colonoscopy (<---sp)....plus various biopsies were taken while she was out. This was very difficult for her parents to watch but with God's grace they made it through the testing with flying colors. The doctors thought she had ciliacs (<--)disease or cystic fibrosis. I am happy to report that the tests were negative. Yeah! However they did find out that her pancreas is not working like it should. She is taking medicine for this that she does not like and can't swallow whole. Her mama has to open the capsule and sprinkle it on food and my grand daughter has to swallow it WITHOUT chewing. Her mom says she chews ice cream so this has not been fun for them. Now to current day....last week she had a bunch more blood work done because the doctors think she may have Shwachman Diamond Syndrome. We will find out the results in 5 weeks. Through this whole ordeal there has been much prayer as well as some tears. We know that God holds her in the palm of His hand and that He knows what is wrong. We trust but the waiting is really hard. I say all this because I have been very concerned for my little sweetie and worried (as only a grammy does too much) about how this will effect her later on in life. I asked her mama if she was scared after all the things that have been done to her. She relayed to me that she had asked my grand daughter this very question and that she just looked at her mama funny and said....no....should I be? Bless her little four year old heart! That just about did me in. She trusts that her parents who love her so much are doing everything possible....even painful things to her that they are looking out for her....that they love her. I find this so awesome!!! And yet I am reminded that ALL of us are to come to Jesus as a little child. In the book of Mark in the bible chapter 10 verses 13-16 it says this............People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.....................What does it mean to come to God like a little child? Have you ever thought about it? Children are so trusting. They will jump right into your arms from a high place and never worry that you won't catch them. They will do what you say without questioning. ( why most of the time) They love life. As a parent you do all you can for their benefit. Even discipline is for their own good though it hurts. And our love for them should be unconditional....just like Jesus love for us....is unconditional. Jesus asks us to follow him, to trust that He alone knows what's best for us. Sometimes that path is very painful...it's hard to understand what is going on or why things are happening like they are. But God is faithful and He is with us. He is doing a good work in each of us. We just have to trust Him. I still stand amazed at my little grand daughter's trust for her parents but I am so heartened by it as well. God is doing great things in the lives of this family. May God be glorified!

I hope this story encourages all of you to trust in our Lord and savior Jesus Christ more and more. Here's a poem I wrote back in 1991 about children.........back then I didn't know I was writing this for my grands.....


His Children

Children are a blessing from birth that God has given.

To cherish with a loving heart through life that we are living.

Their little faces bright with promise give us joy each day.

They see the world as wonderful in their busy days of play.

In life, God has given us many wondrous things.

But best of all it is His children and all the joy they bring.
Until next time be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. You hit it on the head again! I Love reading your blogs, God is so good and he is using you, keep planting, watering, cultivating every where he leads, cause he is using you, but he will use all of us if we will just let him, I am thankful you are willing, I get a blessing from reading and just talkin to you! I will be praying for grammies baby girl, God knows all about it and he will make a way! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be keeping her in our prayes and hope that there is nothing to worry about.
    The Lord knows best even if we dont always see it that way.
    Take care and hugs

    ReplyDelete