Monday, August 13, 2012

Spending the day with Troy

Today I thought I'd blog about the day I spent with my sweet hubby on Saturday.  Nothing thought provoking or pondering in this post just mainly telling you about a typical day in our home.

We awoke to more rain here in the Panhandle of Florida.  Although I love love love the rain my hubby does not.  He likes to be outside sweating and getting things done around the house.

So what to do....what to do.....my ideas....get some home made laundry soap made, and figure out a way to put up two fabric panels on my soon-to-be curtain rod plus do some much needed cleaning and laundry in between working on said projects.  His ideas.....put up an antenna in the attic,  put up his crazy wife's idea for a curtain rods, & put fletchings on his arrows.

The day started out okay.  Really it did and then I am not sure what happened but before we knew it we had the kitchen table a mess with hubby's arrow fixing's; the kitchen counter full of detergent fixing's; a cable running down the stairs through the hallway and hooked to the t.v.; furniture moved with insulation on the ground that was out of the wall where the antenna wire was going to be fed into or out of; the upstairs landing had all the JUNK from the attached closet where the attic door is which is where hubby has to feed the wire from and I had fabric panels plus supplies on the coffee table proceeding to find a way to hang these panels as curtains on a rod that really isn't a curtain rod but a picture holder.  Whew!  Now is that clear or what?  No?  I didn't think so.  :)  But there you have it. This was our home on this rainy Saturday.

It would be nice to say it took us no time at all to get all these things finished. However that did not happen.  I made two trips to get the right things together to put grommets in my fabric.  Hubby needed stuff for his antenna project and arrow project.  I think we spent much of our time in the car going back and forth.

At the end of the day the curtain panels got hung up.  The t.v. antenna worked perfectly.  The arrows look fab and are ready for Elk hunting season.  The detergent got made.  Plus we got the house back in order.  I'd say that's a pretty good day and very satisfying.

The thing I learned was that my husband and I may be complete opposites on some things like our choice of rainy or sunny days.  However we are so much alike when it comes to the way in which we go about a project or two or three.  We like to go full force, make the biggest mess possible and never have everything we need ahead of time which makes for many trips to the store.  And you know what.....I wouldn't have it any other way.  Until next time....be blessed.
Picture holder as a curtain rod Before.

Curtain rod with fabric panel

No comments:

Post a Comment