Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I love love love the rain....

I awoke to the sounds of the rain on my skylights.....AGAIN!  Oh how joyful for me.  I love love love the rain.  Living in Florida I have seen buckets and buckets full of rain.  Being a native of New Mexico where it is dry and arid has taught me to appreciate the rain.  In New Mexico you can see the storms building up and coming.  You can hear the thunder and see the lightening and you just know it's going to be a gully washer.  The scent of a rain  is amazing and all your senses are heightened.....a good thing is coming.  Then it rains for like a minute and it is dry in no time and you think....really.....that's it! {growl} But here in Florida it pours.  It floods the yard, the street, and even your car if you have a convertible.  Hee!  Hee!  (Sorry just had to throw that one in there.)

My sweet husband on the other hand is not a fan.  He loves the heat and the sunshine.  I like the sun too but when it shines here it is unbearably hot and miserable.  We are total opposites about the weather all the time.   :)  Oops....I digress....where was I going with this.....?  Oh yes...I love the rain....especially rain first thing in the morning.  It's a great start to my day.

So I got to thinking..... another great start to my day is spending time with God.  Stopping and resting in His presence is wonderful for me first thing in the morning.  Like the rain He sprinkles me with blessings as I pray and spend time with Him. As I read His Word it waters my soul and renews my spirit within me.  Are you ever parched.....so thirsty you can't wait to get a clear cool glass of water?  Water is refreshing to our bodies.  His Word is refreshing to our souls & our spirit.  Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. Psalm 34:8 The rain reminds me that God blesses all of us...the lost and the saved. "He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." Matthew 5:45 He doesn't play favorites.  He loves us all.  He made us in His image. "those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters." Romans 8:29  He made each one of us unique.  "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14 He gifted each one of us for different gifts to serve His kingdom.  "There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work." 1 Corinthians 12:4-6  

Yes my friends I love the rain and all it has reminded me of today. But even more then that I love our Lord Jesus Christ who died for my sins, who rose on the third day and sits at God's right hand.  I am thankful for the reminder that I need you like water to a parched dry land. 

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.  

Until next time friends....consider yourself sprinkled with a little rain infused "son-shine."  

No comments:

Post a Comment