Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Whisper to the heart....

I love how God speaks to me. It's not with a loud "SHOUT" but with a whisper to my heart. A lot of the times I don't hear him for various reasons....too busy....hardened heart/rebellion, etc. His word says to be still and know that He is God. I don't know about you but this is really hard for me. I think of being still as being idle & non-productive. But it is in the stillness that He speaks to me.

All over the Bible it talks about waiting upon the Lord. Waiting, being still, quiet......all these words or actions are really hard for me to do. I want to be still. I want to be quiet. I want to wait upon the Lord. I want to do what it is He wants me to do. Instead I rush to this or that. I start another project and I think about what I want to do....someday....sometime....tomorrow maybe.

One of the things I love about a dear friend is their capacity to listen and to talk with me. NOT at me but with me. Jesus is my friend. I know he wants to hear my voice. I want to hear His voice too. Be still Pammi and know that I am God. He is is sprinkling His blessing upon me as I speak and as I listen. He is filling my heart with just what is needed today.....His love.

Thank you father for the stillness and for the quiet. Thank you Father for answering my prayer to hear me, to love me, to guide me. It is you who gives me the passion to know you. It is you who gives me the grace to hear you. Giving you praise today as I go about my daily duties. Help me to stop and listen. Because it is in the quiet that I hear your whisper to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment